COLLEGE ADVISORY PROGRAM
Tonka Fusion Elite's College Advisory Program is a free resource for all players that are interested in pursuing collegiate soccer. We understand that finding the right college for a player can be an overwhelming process. Through providing a multi-pronged approach, the CAP will help inspire, educate, and support players in achieving their goal of becoming a collegiate student-athlete. It is our objective to help each player reach their highest potential, whether that is DI, DII, DIII, NAIA, or Junior College. With that being said, we also believe that college is a significant next step in our young people’s lives and our ultimate goal is to help our players find the perfect fit – a place that aligns with their academic interests and an experience that prepares them for a successful life after soccer.
ADVISOR - Scott Myers
Contact Scott at email@example.com
- Former Associate Women's Head Coach, Illinois State
- Former Women's Head Coach, Coe College & Menlo College
- Former Assistant, Embry Riddle Aeronautical University & University of Redlands
- Former Staff Coach, FC United Soccer Club
- Former Coach & GK Coach, Alpine Strikers Soccer Club
- USSF National 'C' License
- United Soccer Coaches Premier Diploma & Goalkeeping Diploma (Levels I, II, and III)
- Bachelor of Arts in Biology & Secondary High School Teaching, Coe College
- Master's in Higher Education, University of Redlands
- College Soccer 101 (November 18th, 2020) – Overview of information regarding the landscape of collegiate soccer, the differences between each division/level of play, and NCAA rules & regulations
- Key Phases of Recruitment – Understand how to develop a list of potential schools and key timelines/milestones from freshman year through senior year
- College Showcase + ID Camp Protocol – Overview of best practices pre, during, and post event
- “A Path of Your Own” Panel – There is no single pathway for becoming a collegiate athlete. A panel of former collegiate players will share their own experiences around their recruitment and collegiate careers
- College Coach Panel Discussion – Panel discussion of current head and assistant college coaches from varying levels of play share their insights and tips that will help you maximize your recruiting experience
Players will have access to an online library of in-depth resources regarding the recruitment process, having what it takes to get admitted to college, finding the right college fit, and playing college soccer. Subject matters will include the following:
- Which Division is Right for You?
- Financial Aid Basics
- How to Research Schools and Programs
- How to Write a College Coach – Email/Resume Templates
- NCAA Recruiting Rules & Regulations
- Making the Most Out of Your Campus Visit
We provide the opportunity players to sit down with our College Advisor to discuss their personal goals and develop an individualized plan. We offer this personalized service free of charge for any player. Our College Advisor will assist in developing a plan that closely aligns with each player’s interests, ability, and long-term goals. Please follow the 3 Phase guide above to get started.
- Academic Interests – What is your GPA and ACT scores? What is your passion and/or subjects of interest?
- Athletic Experience – What level can you play at? How much time and energy are you willing to commit to soccer while in college?
- Location & Size – Where do you want to live geographically? Do you like a large student population or a smaller setting?
- Financial Needs – Do you need a scholarship? Can it be an academic scholarship?