9.8.21 - A reminder that Covid-19 is still active and we ask all our families to continue to be diligent about reporting positive Covid-19 cases in their players to TFE, as well as player close contact exposure to positive Covid-19 cases. Our Covid Coordinator will assist families in determining what quarantine situations apply to help keep teammates and coaches healthy and safe. TFE follows MN Dept of Health’s most recent Quarantine Guidelines.
COVID-19 REPORTING PROCESS
In the event that a player, coach, staff member, or immediate family member tests positive for COVID-19, that case must be reported email@example.com
Positive Covid-19 cases must be reported regardless of vaccination status.
This information will be held confidential as to the name of the player and their family. The confirmed information will be used for contact tracing and to notify the families in the training group or team as appropriate.
Should a participant, coach, or staff member test positive for COVID-19 within 48 hours of attending a soccer game, event, or practice, TFE will send a communication to participants and parents within any group connected with the participant who has tested positive.
GENERAL SAFETY GUIDELINES
- If your player is sick or feels sick, please have them STAY HOME.
- If your player is unvaccinated and has been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19, please have them STAY HOME.
- Parents are to ensure that their player is not ill or displaying symptoms prior to each practice or game. (Fever, cough, sore throat, fatigue, loss of taste or smell, upset stomach, red or swollen toes are current symptoms of COVID-19).
- Each player must have their own equipment, including ball, water, and hand sanitizer.
- Players must not share water bottles
- Players wearing masks are at parent discretion.
Thank you for helping us keep our community healthy and safe this fall!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.