PARENT CODE OF CONDUCT
Tonka Fusion Elite is focused on providing a positive experience and environment for its members, coaches and referees. The game is for the players. All parents and guardians of Tonka Fusion Elite players are invited and encouraged to positively support their children and enjoy watching them participate, so long as their behavior does not distract the players, coaches, referees and other parents and spectators. To foster this positive environment, Tonka Fusion Elite has the following guidelines it expects all its members to abide by:
- Foster and exhibit an environment of respect for referees, players, coaches, and spectators of both teams through words of encouragement and support. Encourage parents and spectators from your team to abide by these guidelines and address poor behavior and actions immediately.
- Applaud superior play, effort, and sportsmanship by players on both teams. Do NOT boo or taunt any player, coach or referee or use foul language or obscene gestures.
- Positively support your coaches and managers regardless of the results on the field. Coaches contribute many hours of their time to your children. They deserve your congratulations when the team wins and your encouragement when the team doesn’t.
- Communicate any concerns to the coach or Fusion administrative staff at the appropriate time (recommended 24-hour cool off period) away from the playing location and players.
- Do not coach from the sidelines.
- Do not question referee decisions or make gestures that express disagreement with referee decisions.
- Be a positive role model for your player(s) and the other players from both teams.
- Always remain at least three yards from the playing field so players from both teams have room to play and enjoy the game.
By accepting a position on a Tonka Fusion Elite team and becoming a member of Tonka Fusion Elite you agree and acknowledge that:
- Any parent or spectator who fails to adhere to these guidelines will be required to leave the playing area, and play may be suspended until he or she does so.
- Tonka Fusion Elite reserves the right to suspend or terminate a player’s enrollment for his or her parent’s persistent or extreme sideline misbehavior, and there will be no refunds of player fees in cases of termination of enrollment.
- Parents or guardians are responsible for their guests’ behavior and must inform their guests of the applicable rules of conduct.
To be clear, any breaches of this Code of Conduct may result in your child’s suspension and a member’s removal from Tonka Fusion Elite. Comments and behavior of any member that fail to abide by the guidelines stated in this policy or disrupt the functioning of a team may result in the suspension and/or removal from Tonka Fusion Elite.